American Public Television Will Distribute a Variety of New Music Releases for Winter and Spring 2015BOSTON (January 9, 2015) ̶ American Public Television (APT), a leading syndicator of content to the nation’s public television stations, is beginning the new year on a high note with a diverse slate of musical series and specials for winter and spring 2015.
- Beginning in January, the five-part series SPEAKEASY presents iconic musicians discussing their illustrious careers with an interviewer of their choosing ̶ highlights include Nile Rodgers of CHIC and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd.
- Additionally, this month brings the ninth season of the innovative concert series LIVE FROM THE ARTISTS DEN, which returns with the Zac Brown Band delivering their inimitably eclectic sound; Grammy-nominated Alabama Shakes blending blues-rock and Southern soul; Cage the Elephant firing up the crowd with a spirited live performance; and Irish singer-songwriter Damien Rice providing his signature take on indie folk-rock.
- In February, shake off those winter blues and travel to Nashville for a new iteration of MUSIC CITY ROOTS: LIVE FROM THE LOVELESS CAFÉ. Featuring live performances and interviews with established musicians and emerging acts, this 14-part series brings the growing Americana music scene to a national audience.
- Continuing the month’s country and bluegrass theme is DAILEY & VINCENT – ALIVE! This rousing special showcases the multi-Grammy-nominated duo Dailey & Vincent live in concert, backed by their 10-piece band and a full orchestra.
With March comes a slew of releases featuring both old favorites and new talent.
- Recorded at the Terme di Caracalla in Rome on July 7, 1990, CARRERAS DOMINGO PAVAROTTI IN CONCERT (formerly titled The Three Tenors) returns to public television 25 years after its groundbreaking first run. This once-in-a-lifetime concert features renowned tenors José Carreras, Plácido Domingo and the late Luciano Pavarotti performing alongside the Orchestra del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino and the Orchestra del Teatro dell’Opera di Roma.
- DANIEL O’DONNELL MUSIC AND MEMORIES is a charming new 13-part series celebrating the career highlights and distinctive musical stylings of longtime public television performer Daniel O’Donnell.
- In PAT BENATAR & NEIL GIRALDO: THE 35th ANNIVERSARY TOUR, powerhouse duo and rock 'n' roll legends Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo bring their undeniable chemistry and unprecedented sound to the Paramount Theatre in Huntington, Long Island.
- Hosted by Loudon Wainwright III, SING OUT! ICONS OF FOLK is a vibrant, nostalgic one-hour special with full-length performances from some of the greatest acts in folk music, including The Byrds, Richie Havens, Peter, Paul & Mary, Linda Rondstadt, Carly Simon, John Denver, James Taylor, Joan Baez, and The Mamas & The Papas.
- Former America’s Got Talent contestant and YouTube sensation Lindsey Stirling combines the romance of Celtic folk music and modern classical with the infectious energy of dance. Now topping the Billboard charts without the backing of a record label, LINDSEY STIRLING is her first live concert special.
- For classical music fans, there’s A CELEBRATION OF PEACE THROUGH MUSIC, a concert special honoring the 2014 canonizations of Pope John Paul II and Pope John XXIII. The program also follows the concert’s renowned conductor, Sir Gilbert Levine, as he travels to Jerusalem, Buenos Aires, Kraków, Venice, Rome and Washington, D.C. to demonstrate music's power to transcend national, racial, denominational, political and historic differences.
- April marks the arrival of a new season of FRONT AND CENTER to provide viewers with a fresh lineup of one-of-a-kind performances by industry veterans and current chart-toppers, including Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Sara Evans, Bob DiPiero, Hunter Hayes, Brandy Clark, Charlie Worsham, Shane McAnally and more.
- The Emmy-nominated series INFINITY HALL LIVE returns in May and features the Grammy-winning trio America; platinum-selling band Toad the Wet Sprocket; and genre-defying newcomers Sadie & the Hot Heads.
American Public Television (APT) has been a leading distributor of high-quality, top-rated programming to the nation’s public television stations since 1961. In 2014, APT distributed one-third of the top 100 highest-rated public television titles in the U. S. Among its 300 new program titles per year, APT programs include prominent documentaries, news and current affairs programs, dramas, how-to programs, children’s series and classic movies. America’s Test Kitchen From Cook’s Illustrated, Rick Steves’ Europe, Live From the Artists Den, Doc Martin, Nightly Business Report, Midsomer Murders, Vera, NHK Newsline, Lidia’s Kitchen, Globe Trekker, Simply Ming, and P. Allen Smith’s Garden Home join numerous documentaries and performance programs popular with public television viewers. APT licenses programs internationally through its APT Worldwide service. Now in its 10th year, Create® TV — featuring the best of public television's lifestyle programming — is distributed by APT. APT also distributes WORLD™, public television’s premier news, science and documentary channel. To find out more about APT’s programs and services, visit APTonline.org.
# # #